I have been using Alpecin C1 Caffeine shampoo for men for about 3 weeks now. I am a female, however Alpecin claim the shampoo can be used on either sexes.
What is Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo?
Alpecin is a german brand that has come to the UK after doing well in Germany.The brand claim that Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo is 'The shampoo that stimulates hair growth directly at the roots'. The logic the website use is that Caffeine is the key ingredient as it promotes hair growth. The brand also claim that men like the shampoo as it gives the hair grip and weaker hair also becomes stronger and easier to style.
- Cleans well, gets rid of product build up.
- The smell is mild.
- Has lasted a reasonable amount of time.
- Hair seems stronger.
- Hair is easier to style.
- Hair is shiny and soft.
- The tingly feeling on the scalp which is the menthol in the ingredient.
- Waiting 2-5 minutes which is annoying if you are in a rush.
- Packaging is a bit boring.
- Have to use conditioner after because your hair will need moisture after.
Conclusion- I think the shampoo cleans really well and gets rid of product build up that blocks the hair follicles which stunts the hair growth. It is by far one of the best deep cleaning/clarifying shampoos I have used. I agree with the claim made by the website that the shampoo makes weak hair stronger and easier to style. I would definitely recommend this product, if not for hair growth for its other benefits.